About Tony Cervati
I am an IT guy, automotive & space geek, cyclist, explorer, adventurer, traveler, & motorcycle enthusiast. Currently living in the city of Durham in the beautiful state of North Carolina, where natural beauty abounds from the mountains to the sea!
My foray into photography began a few years back, when I bought a well used Nikon D90 from Craigslist on a whim to simply find an avenue for some after work relaxation. However, from the very first couple of captures on that DSLR, I was hooked.
Now I am routinely engaging in my surroundings with my gear slung over my shoulder enjoying the process of attempting to technically evolve, while looking to unveil those seemingly ordinary, yet very much extraordinarily magic, prosaic sights that we encounter each day.
I hope you enjoy looking through the variety of the portfolio, and my personal take on those subjects I have had the chance to witness.
Current Gear List
I am very frequetly asked about what photography gear I use to capture the images found on this site. For ease of reference the kit I currently shoot with is listed below.
(note: u1 - Wildlife, u2 - HDR)
(note: u1 - Wildlife, u2 - HDR, u3 - Portraits)
- Nikon FTZ Lens Mount Adapter
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
- Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S
- Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- Nikkor AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Micro
Tripods and Mounts:
- Sirui AM-204V Monopod
- Sirui Traveler 7C Carbon-fiber Travel Tripod
- Vanguard veo 2 bp-120 aluminum ball head
- Vanguard gh-300t pistol grip ball head
- Magnus gh-m1 gimbal head
- Oben MFR4-5 Macro Focusing Rail
Bags and Storage:
- Tenba DNA 9 Slim Messenger Bag
- Wandrd PRVKE 31L w/ Essential Cube
- Think Tank Streetwalker V2.0 Pro
- OverBoard Pro-Light Waterproof Backpack 30L
- Adobe Lightroom Classic - Mac
- Adobe Lightroom - Android
- Topaz Labs Sharpen AI - Mac
- Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI - Mac
- Helicon Focus Premium - Mac