Hi, I am Tony Cervati.
I am an IT guy, automotive & space geek, cyclist, explorer, adventurer, traveler, & motorcycle enthusiast. Currently we live in Durham in the beautiful state of North Carolina, where natural beauty abounds from the mountains to the sea!
My foray into photography began a few years back, when I bought a well used Nikon D90 from Craigslist on a whim to simply find an avenue for some after work relaxation. However, from the very first capture on that DSLR, I was hooked.
Now I am routinely out on a daily basis with my gear slung over my shoulder enjoying the process of attempting to technically evolve, while looking to witness those seemingly ordinary, yet very much extraordinary, sights that we all have the chance to encounter each day. Those things that routinely go unnoticed, but can invoke a memory, bring a moment of joy, or tell fantastic stories.
I hope you enjoy looking through the variety of the portfolio, and my personal take on those subjects I have the chance to capture.
Current Gear List
I am very frequetly asked about what photography gear I use to capture the images found on this site. For ease of reference the kit I currently shoot with is listed below.
- Nikon FTZ Lens Mount Adapter
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
- Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S
- Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD
Tripods and Mounts:
- Sirui AM-204V Monopod
- Sirui Traveler 7C Carbon-fiber Travel Tripod
- Vanguard veo 2 bp-120 aluminum ball head
- Vanguard gh-300t pistol grip ball head
- Magnus gh-m1 gimbal head
Bags and Storage:
- Think Tank Streetwalker Pro v2.0
- Wandrd PRVKE 31L w/ Essential Cube
- Think Tank Turnstyle 20 Sling v2.0
- OverBoard Pro-Light Waterproof Backpack 30L
- Adobe Lightroom Classic - Mac
- Adobe Lightroom - Android
- Topaz AI Sharpen - Mac
- Helicon Focus Premium - Mac